Theres something about setting goals that just manages to inspire me within seconds: whether its yearly goals, monthly goals, weekly goals, even daily goals.
Setting goals are so powerful in getting you inspired, motivated and ready for a challenge and so obviously I think it’s pretty important to set goals in every area of your life and begin taking steps towards them – even if you think those steps are tiny.
The thing is, no step can ever really be tiny. Even if you take 1 teeny tiny step everyday, that will be 365 tiny steps forward by the end of the year. Or if you spend just 10 minutes of everyday, you’ll have spent over 60 hours by the end of the year.
Think how much you can make happen in that time!
My goals for this year are:
- Get 1000 likes on my facebook page – this isn’t that big of a number to some but it’s a goal I’d definitely like to achieve by the end of the year. Each ‘like’ I get on my page lets me know that my space is growing so to achieve such a milestone would be amazing.
- Open my etsy shop and get some sales and positive feedback – my Etsy shop is something I’ve wanted to get started for quite a while now and 2018 will be the year it finally opens. I can’t wait to get my first sale on there as that in itself is such a big achievement.
- Grow my social media channels – this is focussed on my instagram account more than anything. Its such a good platform to connect with other like-minded people and be inspired by their photos. I’ve only just started my @loverebekkauk account so please give it a follow!
- Post every Friday – My final goal is to have a proper schedule and stick to it by posting a new blog post at least every Friday to keep my blog updated with fresh content. If you have any ideas for blog posts you’d like to read then please let me know!
Tips for setting your own goals?
- Think of where you want to be 1 year from now and then break it down into the smaller things that can get you there.
- Set goals that excite you and inspire you and ones that you feel passionate about.
- Plan for them and believe you can achieve them. Because you can!
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
“Set a goal that makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning.”